Founded in 1994, Fiddler Magazine is an informative, educational, and entertaining resource for fiddlers, accompanists, and appreciative listeners. Each quarterly issue (now approx. 60 pages each) features a variety of different styles of fiddling, as well as plenty of other articles and columns. Regular columns include: Bluegrass Fiddling, “The Practicing Fiddler,” Fiddle Tune History, On Improvisation, Irish Fiddling, Cross-Tuning Workshop, Cross-Canada Fiddle Tour, and reviews of CDs, books, and DVDs. Each issue also includes transcriptions of several tunes.
Winter 2013/14 issue
(Article excerpts coming soon!)
In upcoming issues:
- Scott Miller: Champion of Regional Accents
- The Legacy of Pádraig O'Keeffe
- Charlie Daniels
- Jim Van Cleve
- Hardanger Fiddle Maker Ron Poast
- Jerry Correll
- A Waltz from Mason Williams ("Shady Dell")
- The Practicing Fiddler: Finding Meaning in Music
- On Improvisation: Joe Venuti Bowing
- The Intrepid Fiddler: Tohono O'odham fiddler Elliott Johnson
- Cross-Canada Fiddle: Randy Foster
- Columns featuring Scottish, Canadian, Bluegrass, Irish, Old Time, Tune History...
- CD and book reviews
- 9 tunes… and lots more!
Franklin George; Erynn Marshall; John Sheahan; Violin Makers; Québécois Fiddling; The Medieval Bow… & lots more! Don't miss our Spring 2014 20th Anniversary issue!
Hot off the presses! Our new Fiddlers 20 CD/book set. For details, click here.
(Once on the Articles page, click on "newer/older" at the bottom of the right-hand menu to access over a hundred articles. Or search for your favorite fiddler or fiddle style in the search box!)