We apologize for temporary website problems. The current issue is Fall 2018. We hope to have everything back up to date shortly!
Founded in 1994, Fiddler Magazine is an informative, educational, and entertaining resource for fiddlers, accompanists, and appreciative listeners. Each quarterly issue (now approx. 60 pages each) features a variety of different styles of fiddling, as well as plenty of other articles and columns. Regular columns include: Bluegrass Fiddling, “The Practicing Fiddler,” Fiddle Tune History, On Improvisation, Irish Fiddling, Cross-Tuning Workshop, Cross-Canada Fiddle Tour, and reviews of CDs, books, and DVDs. Each issue also includes transcriptions of several tunes.
In upcoming issues:
- The Fiddling of Bob Wills
- Henry Ford: A Penchant for Fiddling
- Bluegrass Fiddler Mike Barnett
- Bluegrass in Schools
- Maine's Fiddle-icious Orchestra
- Columns: Irish Fiddling (Bowing the Humble Jig; Tune: "The Humours of Lisheen"); The Hidden Note (Tune: "Toss the Feathers"); Scottish Fiddling (A Wee Dram; Tune: "Whisky Glen"); Old Time (Clark Kessinger; Tune: "Josh and I"); Improvisation (Riffs, Riffs, and More Riffs); Technique (Double Stops); Notes on Learning; Waltzes & Airs (Tune: "The Love of My Life"); Bluegrass (Getting Started); The Intrepid Fiddler (Music from the Fires; Tune: "Oyfn Pripitchik") …
- 11 tunes, many music examples
- Lots more!
Liz Carroll; Belen Escobedo; Robin LeBlanc; Claude Austin; Ricky Simpkins; Ricky Skaggs; Circus Fiddlers; John Mailander; Violin Makers…
Visit our store for DVDs, books, back issues, T-shirts, ball caps, and more!
(Once on the Articles page, click on "newer/older" at the bottom of the right-hand menu to access more than a hundred articles. Or search for your favorite fiddler or fiddle style in the search box! Note: Must click the "search" button.)