Founded in 1994, Fiddler Magazine is an informative, educational, and entertaining resource for fiddlers, accompanists, and appreciative listeners. Each quarterly issue (now approx. 60 pages each) features a variety of different styles of fiddling, as well as plenty of other articles and columns. Regular columns include: Bluegrass Fiddling, “The Practicing Fiddler,” Fiddle Tune History, On Improvisation, Irish Fiddling, Cross-Tuning Workshop, Cross-Canada Fiddle Tour, and reviews of CDs, books, and DVDs. Each issue also includes transcriptions of several tunes.
Summer 2013 - Coming Soon!
In upcoming issues:
- Kevin Burke: Dedicated to the Music
- Fairport Convention's Ric Sanders & Chris Leslie
- Jacie Sites: Sharing the Joy
- Brian Wicklund: Fiddlers' Pal
- Punch Brothers' Gabe Witcher
- The Waltz in Ireland
- 23 Fiddle Mistakes to Avoid
- The Practicing Fiddler: An Intermediate Contest Round
- Columns featuring Canadian, Bluegrass, Irish, Cape Breton/Scottish, Old Time, Tune History...
- CD and book reviews
- 14 tunes… and lots more!
Scott Miller; Irish Polkas & Hornpipes; John Sheahan; Judy Hyman; Paddy Jones; Kirk Sutphin; Washington's Charley Kahana; Lindsey Stirling; Violin Makers; Québécois Fiddling; The Medieval Bow… & lots more!